Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Diaper Cakes

WooHoo!! 3 posts in one month....I'm on a roll.

This has been one of my latest creations. I have been making diaper cakes. They are so much fun and less stressful than decorating a real cake. It all started in March. The 7th grade teacher who happens to be my son's classroom teacher and my daughter's science teacher was due while I was going to be in Seattle. I knew I wasn't going to have time to whip out a scrapbook for her new baby so I made a 3 layer pink diaper cake. From there, things just kind of snowballed.
This 2-tiered cake was ordered from the secretary at the kids school. She is having a new grand-baby in June and she just wanted the 2 layers to make it easier to ship (originally she was going to carry it on the plane with her).

She doesn't get to keep my antique cake plate though. When I deliver the diaper cakes, I have them wrapped in cellophane. They look like this:



This next one is the 3 layer baby boy diaper cake that I made for the kindergarten teacher. She is expecting a new grandson any time now.






4 comments:

Vicki Chrisman said...

Super cute! Hey.. and we live pretty darn close to eachother huh? Cool!

Barbara said...

OMGosh!!!!!!!! Gorgeous creation!!
And no calories in these cakes...lol

Staci said...

Yep, Vicki, we are pretty close to each other. Someday I want to come see all your neat creations.

Staci said...

Nope, no calories! The best kind of cake.