Friday, May 15, 2009

For a Friend

Here is another card using Close To My Heart's May Stamp of the Month, "Be Yourself". This one is very similar to the last one, but then again, a little different. My friend Annette, is leaving her job as Volunteer Coordinator at the local hospital and this morning was her going away party. The Auxiliary president called me and told me she needed a card for Annette and the gift from the Auxiliary was in a Black/White gift bag with Hot Pink tissue paper. I rose to the challenge and made a card to go with the gift bag.
The pattern paper I used for the background is Basic Grey's Black Tie. I have had it in my stash for a very long time. The pink and black cardstock are CTMH. I used Memento Black ink and CTMH Bubblegum ink for my stamping. The scalloped squares are cut with my new Silhouette SD machine. The corners are accented with CTMH Clear Sparkles. Like my last card, the polka dot ribbon and button both came from WalMart. The pink ribbon, I got from a friend and I am not sure where she got it.

1 comment:

Barbara said...

Gorgeous cards!! I really like the way you layered the ribbons...beautiful
I haven't posted anything I've made with these awesome stamps yet, but I was thrilled that CTMH made these. ;-)